lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Bruno Aranda <brunoara...@gmail.com>
Subject Pagination by facet?
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2009 22:49:17 GMT
Hi, bear with me as I am new to Solr.

I have a requirement in an application where I need to show a list of
results by groups.

For instance, each document in my index correspond to a person and they have
a family name. I have hundreds of thousands of records (persons). What I
would like to do is to show the records in a table, grouped by families. I
could do this with sorting, no problem.
However, now I need that my table shows a fixed number of families (e.g. 3)
per page and the pages are family-based and not person-based. To do this, I
would need to do queries limiting the results to the number of families
found. Something like this:

Family name             Person  Age
------------------            ------------  -----
Smith                       John      31
                               Kate       32
                               Peter       3
Baker                      Charles   55
Taylor                      Richard   67
                               Anne      64

And I would show always the same number of families per page (number of
persons can be different), and I would paginate per family.

I am using Java, so solrj would be good. Is there an easy way to achieve
this?

Thanks!

Bruno