lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Newbie question - using existing Lucene Index
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2008 12:19:13 GMT

On Dec 3, 2008, at 11:53 AM, Sudarsan, Sithu D. wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Using Lucene, index has been created. It has five different fields.
>
> How to just use those index from SOLR for searching? I tried changing
> the schema as in tutorial, and copied the index to the data directory,
> but all searches return empty and no error message!

You also need to make sure the analyzers in the schema.xml are setup
the same way as the one you indexed with to create the index originally.

You might also try going to wherever you are running, i.e. http://localhost:8983/solr/admin

  (or whatever you're URL is) and entering *:* into the query box
there.  This should return all documents in the index and doesn't
require any analysis.

Also, check your logs to see if there were any exceptions on startup.

Instructions should be on the Wiki: http://wiki.apache.org/solr

> Your help is appreciated,
> Sincerely,
> Sithu D Sudarsan