lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From vinay kumar kaku <vk...@hotmail.com>
Subject multiword query using dismax
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2008 18:44:32 GMT

Hi,
   i have this config in my solrconfig.xml

<requestHandler name="dismax" class="solr.DisMaxRequestHandler" >
    <lst name="defaults">
     <str name="echoParams">explicit</str>
     <float name="tie">0</float>
     <str name="qf">
        field1^1.1 field2^1.2 field3^1.3 field4^1.4 field5^1.5
     </str>
     <str name="pf">
        field4^1.4 field5^1.5
     </str>
        <str name="ps">1</str>
        <str name="mm">2&lt;-25%</str>
    </lst>
  </requestHandler>

my query is = monty+python+scandal

when
i just issue monty+python i get bunch of documents but when i issue
monty+python+scandal then i just get 1. isn't the case that i should
get documents which match monty+python+scandal then followed by
documents that match monty+python or python+scandal or monty+scandal as per mm criteria?

can
some one explain from above example how many clauses we have ( i think
it is 4 since 3 words across five fields and a phrase boost correct me
if i am wrong) for minimal match criteria.

thanks,
vinay
Suspicious message? There’s an alert for that.
http://windowslive.com/Explore/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_broad2_122008