lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: ExtractingRequestHandler and XmlUpdateHandler
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2008 08:59:13 GMT

On Dec 15, 2008, at 3:13 AM, Chris Hostetter wrote:

> : If I can find the bandwidth, I'd like to make something which allows
> : file uploads via the XMLUpdateHandler as well... Do you have any
> ideas
>
> the XmlUpdateRequestHandler already supports file uploads ... all
> request
> handlers do using the ContentStream abstraction...
>
> 	http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ContentStream

But it doesn't do what Jacob is asking for... he wants (if I'm not
mistaken) the ability to send a binary file along with Solr XML, and
merge the extraction from the file (via Tika) with the fields
specified in the XML.

Currently this is not possible, as far as I know.  Maybe this sort of
thing could be coded to part of an update processor chain?  Somehow
DIH and the Tika need to tie together eventually too, eh?

	Erik