lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there a clean way to determine whether a core exists?
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2008 05:58:50 GMT

On Dec 4, 2008, at 3:57 PM, Dean Thompson wrote:

> Thanks for the quick response, Ryan!
>
> Actually, my admin/ping call gives me a 404 if the core doesn't
> exist, which seemed reasonable.  I get the 500 if the core *did*
> exist.

aaah -- check what ping query you have configured and make sure that
is a valid query.  If you use the example one and then change your
schema it may be referencing fields that don't exist and give you the
500

> Thanks for the suggestion of using the select URL, but that gives me:
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> 	at org.apache.solr.common.util.StrUtils.splitSmart(StrUtils.java:37)

This is a really stupid error we need to fix -- it should actually
say: missing required parameter "q"

ryan