lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Change in config file (synonym.txt) requires container restart?
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2008 12:55:02 GMT
Sagar Khetkade wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using SolrJ client to connect to the Solr 1.3 server and the whole POC (doing a
feasibility study ) reside in Tomcat web server. If any change I am making in the synonym.txt
file to add the synonym in the file to make it reflect I have to restart the tomcat server.
The synonym filter factory that I am using are in both in analyzers for type index and query
in schema.xml. Please tell me whether this approach is good or any other way to make the change
reflect while searching without restarting of tomcat server.

> Thanks and Regards,
> Sagar Khetkade
> Chose your Life Partner? Join MSN Matrimony FREE
> http://in.msn.com/matrimony

You can also reload the core.

- Mark