lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Robert Krüger <krue...@signal7.de>
Subject Re: Boosting by date when only some records have one
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2008 07:59:50 GMT

Hi Lance,

thanks for your feedback!

The problem with your suggestion is that we do not want to exclude the
fields without a date but boost them differently, which Chris has
provided a solution for (see other posts in this thread).

Cheers,

Robert

Norskog, Lance wrote:
> This query:    field:[* TO *]
> Gives the entries which have a value for that field. Documents with nothing in 'field'
will not return.  To get the opposite set:

> *:* -field:[* TO *]
>
> Does this help?
> Lance

with them. My goal is to have something like a default boost for documents (e.g. 1.0) with
a function for documents with dates that distribute the boosts between 1.0 - x to 1.0 + x
based on a valid date range.

> So far I have not been able to formulate a query that does that. The query I tried resulted
in documents being returned as results, which without the boost function, weren't returned,
which renders it useless.

> I have criteria in the schema based which I know if that document is supposed to be boosted
by date or not. So in pseudocode what I wanted to have is: