lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Weiss <swe...@stylesight.com>
Subject Re: Please help me articulate this query
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2008 20:32:02 GMT
I think in this case you would want to index each question with the
possible referrers ( by title might be too imprecise, I'd go with
filename or ID) and then do a search like this (assuming in this case
it's by filename)

q=(referring:TomCruise.html) OR (question: Tom AND Cruise)

Which seems to be what you're thinking.

I would make the referrer a type "string" though so that you don't
accidentally pull in documents from a different subject (Tom Cruise
this would work ok, but imagine you need to distinguish between George
Washington and George Washington Carver).

--
Steve