lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Throughput Optimization
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2008 19:51:00 GMT
On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 2:29 PM, Feak, Todd <Todd.Feak@smss.sony.com> wrote:
> Yonik said something about the FastLRUCache giving the most gain for
> high hit-rates and the LRUCache being faster for low hit-rates.

Right, for single-threaded requests.  FastLRUCache has faster gets and
slower puts (on average).  How multi-

The queryCache, which is typically only checked once per request, is
likely to see little real contention under realistic scenarios.

The documentCache could perhaps benefit from FastLRUCache, even with a
lower hit ratio, when concurrency is higher.  This is because it's
checked more per request - the number of documents to return, and thus
increases in concurrency may outweigh the slower put().  I have no
idea what the crossover point would be though.

aside: I just committed a little fix to SOLR_667 in the setting of the
acceptableSize (it should normally be between the min and max).

-Yonik