lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Throughput Optimization
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2008 16:42:41 GMT
On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 11:14 AM, wojtekpia <wojtek_p@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, I am seeing evictions. I've tried setting my filterCache higher, but
> then I start getting Out Of Memory exceptions. My filterCache hit ratio is >
> .99. It looks like I've hit a RAM bound here.

Evictions on the filterCache are fine, as long as it's on the order of
a few per request.
The filter cache is checked for the set of documents that matches the
base query (and filters), and also for unique terms in the field while
faceting (which can be many).  As long as the evictions aren't from
the latter category, you should be fine.

-Yonik