lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jon Baer <jonb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TermVectorComponent for tag generation?
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2008 19:04:56 GMT

On Nov 1, 2008, at 1:16 PM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:

> How do you propose to distinguish those words from the other ones?

** They are field values from other documents

>  The problem you are addressing is often called keyword extraction.
> In general, it 's a difficult problem, but you may have domain
> knowledge that can help.

** Im finding it hard to think Lucene can do amazing job @ search but
yet nothing to tell me if a generated list of content is present in a
resulting document.  The other options of TVC are what peaked my
interest in the beginning ...

Other Options
     * tv.fl - List of fields to get TV information from. Optional. If
not specified, the fl parameter is used.
     * tv.docIds - List of Lucene document ids (not the Solr Unique
Key) to get term vectors for.

Im pretty sure that might work for what I need it for.

- Jon