lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Choosing Which Branch To Use
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2008 05:05:25 GMT
Personally, I'd go with a nightly build for your situation - just
makes it easier (for me at least) to support and fix if there are any
issues, and you'll benefit from great new features as well (stats
component, java replication, etc).

The one drawback is if any of those patches don't keep with trunk and
become a hassle to apply.  The SOLR-284 patch is not likely (-0.5 from
me as-is) to get committed anywhere near where it is now, so consider
it a risky one to rely on too strongly.

As for the custom query parser plugin... you can drop that in within a
JAR in <solr-home>/lib so no need to patch Solr locally for that.

	Erik