lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Question about score...
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2008 02:36:58 GMT
Hi,

You could look at the scoring explanation with &debugQuery=true, and I think you'd see
that this is because of the TF (term frequency) for terms blues and brothers.  You can think/visualize
this as "two for two" for that first hit - the field has 2 terms and both of them match your
search terms 2 of 2 terms match, and that looks good to the scoring engine.  The other docs/fields
have a smaller percentage of words matching.

Otis--