lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From souravm <SOUR...@infosys.com>
Subject Sorting and JVM heap size ....
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2008 23:26:25 GMT
Hi,

I have indexed data of size around 20GB. My JVM memory is 1.5GB.

For this data if I do a query with sort flag on (for a single field) I always get java out
of memory exception even if the number of hit is 0. With no sorting (or default sorting with
score) the query works perfectly fine.`

I can understand that JVM heap size can max out when the number of records hit is high, but
why this is happening even when number of records hit is 0 ?

The same query with sort flag on does not give me problem till 1.5 GB of data.

Any explanation ?

Regards,
Sourav

Infosys e-mail system.