lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From souravm <>
Subject Query on distributed search ...
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2008 21:10:40 GMT

I'm new to Solr. Here is a query on distributed search.

I have huge volume of log files which I would like to search. Apart from generic test search
I would also like to get statistics - say each record has a field telling request processing
time and I would like to get average of processing time for a given type of request. So for
this I'm planning to use StatComponent.

Since the log file volume is huge I plan to distribute it in multiple physical boxes and plan
to use distributed search. However, I'm not sure whether StaComponent can be used in distributed
search scenario.

Any pointer on this query would be really helpful.

Infosys e-mail system.