lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Matthias Epheser <matthias.ephe...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: Build Solr to run SolrJS
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2008 19:11:29 GMT
Ryan McKinley schrieb:

> On Nov 17, 2008, at 1:35 PM, Erik Hatcher wrote:
>
>> Can you elaborate on the use case for why you need the raw response
>> like that?
>>
>> I vaguely get it, but want to really understand the need here.
>>
>> I'm weary of the EmbeddedSolrServer usage in there, as I want to
>> distill the VrW stuff to be able to use SolrJ's API rather than assume
>> embedded Solr.  This way VrW can be separated from core Solr to
>> another "tier" and template on remote Solr responses.  Thoughts on how
>> this feature might play out in that scenario?

After we add the SolrQueryResponse to the templates first, we realized that some
convenience methods for iterating the result docs, accessing facets etc. would
be fine.

The idea was to reuse the existing wrappers (eg. QueryResponse). It makes it
much nicer to create templates, because velocity is made to just render things,
so code using docsets etc. directly may be very overloaded.