lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Query Performance while updating the index
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 04:50:29 GMT
I'll assume you are using the rsync-based replication, not SOLR-561.
In that case, bwlimit is your friend.  You'll have to modify the scripts and make use of this:

       --bwlimit=KBPS
              This option allows you to specify a maximum transfer rate in kilobytes per second.
This option is  most  effective
              when using rsync with large files (several megabytes and up). Due to the nature
of rsync transfers, blocks of data
              are sent, then if rsync determines the transfer was too fast, it will wait before
sending the next data block. The
              result is an average transfer rate equaling the specified limit. A value of
zero specifies no limit.

Actually, this is something that we could add to snappuller in Solr, no?

May be worth opening a new JIRA issue for this.  Eh, attaching a modified but completely untested
version of snappuller. Please reply if it works or if you have to fix it please post it to
JIRA.
 Otis