lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From con <>
Subject Re: How to use multicore feature in JBOSS
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2008 07:45:40 GMT

Thanks Norberto
Thanks for your reply
Its my mistake to forget the basics. :-(
But for the first question, I am still not clear.
I think to use the multicore feature we should inform the server. In the
Jetty server, we are starting the server using:   java
-Dsolr.solr.home=multicore -jar start.jar
Once the server is started I think it will take the parameters from

But I am confused on how and where to pass this argument to JBOSS.

Looking forward for a positive reply
Thanking in advance

Norberto Meijome-6 wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 09:55:38 -0800 (PST)
> con <> wrote:
>> 1) Which all files do I need to edit to use the multicore feature?
>> 2) Also, where can I specify the index directly so that we can point the
>> indexed documents to a custom folder instead of jboss/bin?
> Con, please check the wiki - the answers should be there
> (
>  1) = solr.xml ( previously multicore.xml)
> 2) look in solrconfig.xml for each core
> )
> {Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome
> Windows: "Where do you want to go today?"
> Linux: "Where do you want to go tomorrow?"
> FreeBSD: "Are you guys coming, or what?"
> I speak for myself, not my employer. Contents may be hot. Slippery when
> wet. Reading disclaimers makes you go blind. Writing them is worse. You
> have been Warned.

Sent from the Solr - User mailing list archive at

View raw message