lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From sunnyfr <johanna...@gmail.com>
Subject MySql / Solr 1.3 / Tomcat55 - Full Import for 8,5M of data >> Exception in thread "Thread-33"
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2008 16:36:57 GMT

Hi,

I've put a batchsize parameter at -1, it works fine, the point is I will
monopolize the MySql's database for 10hours.
And other request on it like update, or other process will be stack. And if
I don't use batchsize -1 I will have an OOM error like below. I tried to put
batchsize 1000 or 1 but it doesn't work either.

What would you reckon ? 
I can't have another server just for that, I have to use MySql production's
database.

> Should I try to generate CSV files from MySql and then make a full import
> from it, and delta import on the database ?? 

> Should I modify the connection code in solr, to try to manage this memory.

> Do you have another idea ? 

If anyone has any suggestions/needs more info, i’d be very greatful.



FYI : Linux server / 8G Mem

TomCat55 :
JAVA_OPTS="-Xms2000m -Xmx4000m -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError
-XX:+UseParallelGC -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:NewRatio=5 -Xloggc:gc.log
-XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps"

data-config.xml:
http://www.nabble.com/file/p20305986/data-config.xml data-config.xml 


My Error:
Nov  3 16:45:43 solr-test jsvc.exec[29099]:  [PSYoungGen:
227583K->0K(455104K)] [PSOldGen: 3413375K->142574K(1706688K)]
3640959K->142574K(2161792K)
Nov  3 16:45:43 solr-test jsvc.exec[29099]:  [PSPermGen:
20751K->20751K(21504K)], 1.0853010 secs] [Times: user=0.99 sys=0.10,
real=1.09 secs]
Nov  3 16:45:43 solr-test jsvc.exec[29099]: Nov 3, 2008 4:45:43 PM
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor
processChildren SEVERE: Exception invoking periodic operation: 
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space ^Iat
sun.nio.cs.US_ASCII.newDecoder(US_ASCII.java:39) ^Iat
java.nio.charset.CharsetEncoder.isLegalReplacement(CharsetEncoder.java:311)
^Iat java.nio.charset.CharsetEncoder.replaceWith(CharsetEncoder.java:267)
^Iat java.nio.charset.CharsetEncoder.<init>(CharsetEncoder.java:186) ^Iat
java.nio.charset.CharsetEncoder.<init>(CharsetEncoder.java:209) ^Iat
sun.nio.cs.US_ASCII$Encoder.<init>(US_ASCII.java:121) ^Iat
sun.nio.cs.US_ASCII$Encoder.<init>(US_ASCII.java:118) ^Iat
sun.nio.cs.US_ASCII.newEncoder(US_ASCII.java:43) ^Iat
java.lang.StringCoding$StringEncoder.<init>(StringCoding.java:215) ^Iat
java.lang.StringCoding$StringEncoder.<init>(StringCoding.java:207) ^Iat
java.lang.StringCoding.encode(StringCoding.java:266) ^Iat
java.lang.String.getBytes(String.java:947) ^Iat java.io.UnixFi
Nov  3 16:45:43 solr-test jsvc.exec[29099]: 
java.io.UnixFileSystem.getBooleanAttributes(UnixFileSystem.java:228) ^Iat
java.io.File.isDirectory(File.java:754) ^Iat
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.java:873)
^Iat org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:492)
^Iat org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.check(HostConfig.java:1206) ^Iat
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:293)
^Iat
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:120)
^Iat
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.backgroundProcess(ContainerBase.java:1306)
^Iat
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren(ContainerBase.java:1570)
^Iat
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren(ContainerBase.java:1579)
^Iat
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.run(ContainerBase.java:1559)
^Iat java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/MySql---Solr-1.3---Tomcat55-----Full-Import-for-8%2C5M-of-data-%3E%3E-Exception-in-thread-%22Thread-33%22-tp20305986p20305986.html
Sent from the Solr - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


Mime
View raw message