lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Norberto Meijome <numard...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to use multicore feature in JBOSS
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2008 00:08:43 GMT
On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 23:45:40 -0800 (PST)
con <convoyer@gmail.com> wrote:

> But for the first question, I am still not clear.
> I think to use the multicore feature we should inform the server. In the
> Jetty server, we are starting the server using:   java
> -Dsolr.solr.home=multicore -jar start.jar
> Once the server is started I think it will take the parameters from
> multicore/solr.xml.
>
> But I am confused on how and where to pass this argument to JBOSS.

Con,
Sorry, i don't have a jboss available to test... what happens if you use the standard configuration
( with solr.xml @ the top level of your solr directory, NOT in multicore/ )

launch it, look @ the debug messages , see which cores are picked up (from the admin page
).

FWIW, by having {solr_installation_directory}/solr.xml , I never had to tell jetty where solr.xml
was.  IIRC, multicore/solr.xml is the layout in the example app , because the default config
is 1-core only.

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"We must openly accept all ideologies and systems as  means of solving humanity's problems.
One country, one nation, one ideology, one system is not sufficient."
   Dalai Lama.

I speak for myself, not my employer. Contents may be hot. Slippery when wet. Reading disclaimers
makes you go blind. Writing them is worse. You have been Warned.