lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Joe Pollard <joe.poll...@bazaarvoice.com>
Subject combining negative queries and OR
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2008 06:21:52 GMT
I am trying to decide if this is a solr or a lucene problem, using solr
1.3:

take this example --

(-productName:"whatever") OR (anotherField:"Johnny")

I would expect to get back records that have anotherField=Johnny, but
also, any records that don't have 'whatever' as the productName.

However, it seems that the productName statement is not being used,
because I get only records back that match anotherField:"Johnny".

Not sure if this is a bug or expected behavior, and I am able to work
around it, but I'd certainly expect the above query to work.

Thanks!
-Joe