lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Luca Molteni" <voloth...@gmail.com>
Subject Searching for Index-Time Boosting in FAQ
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2008 08:55:37 GMT
Hello, dear Solr Users,

I'm starting to learn Solr and Lucene, since I want to use this technology
in my project, but I found some trouble in the "index-time boosting" section
of the documentation, I'm probably missing something, but since I can't
figure out all by myself, I decided to wrote here.

For example, in the scoring faq:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrRelevancyFAQ

There are references to and "index-time boosting" options for fields, but I
haven't found anything neither in the field configuration section of the
wiki nor in the schema.xml file.

>From what I've understand, these are the attributes for fields:

name, indexed, stored, compressed, multiValued, omitNorms, termVectors

But none of these solved my problem.

At the end of the scoring FAQ there is this note:

   -

   when should index-time boosts be used

I'd like to see "how" index-time boosts should be used, please,

Thank you very much,

Bye.

L.M.