lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Stefan Oestreicher" <stefan.oestreic...@netdoktor.at>
Subject Re: multiple spellchecker components
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2008 10:42:21 GMT
I figured it out myself.
The parameter is called "spellcheck.dictionary". This needs to be set to the desired spellchecker
name.
I'll updated the wiki with this information.

Best regards,

Stefan

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Stefan Oestreicher [mailto:stefan.oestreicher@netdoktor.at]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 10. September 2008 11:47
An: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Betreff: multiple spellchecker components

Hi,

I'm currently in the middle of converting my index from the old spellchecker request handler
to the spellcheck component. My index has a category field and my frontend only allows to
search in one category at once so I have a spellchecker request handler for each category
in order to present only spelling suggestions that are relevant for the current category (the
handlers only differ in the termSourceField).
Unfortunately  I don't quite get how I can achieve that with the new component. Although the
example in the wiki shows how you can configure multiple components there doesn't seem to
be a way to explicitly invoke one of them on a per request basis (or at least the wiki lacks
an example).
That's my current configuration:

<searchComponent name="nuspell"
class="org.apache.solr.handler.component.SpellCheckComponent">
      <lst name="spellchecker">
          <str name="name">default</str>
          <str
name="classname">org.apache.solr.spelling.IndexBasedSpellChecker</str>
          <str name="field">spellcheck</str>
      </lst>

      <lst name="spellchecker">
          <str name="name">news</str>
          <str
name="classname">org.apache.solr.spelling.IndexBasedSpellChecker</str>
          <str name="field">spellcheck_nachrichten</str>
      </lst>
 </searchComponent>

But it seems that only the "default" spellchecker is actually used. I tried passing the name
like "spellcheck.name=news" but that didn't work.

What am I missing?

TIA,

Stefan Oestreicher