lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Fuad Efendi <f...@efendi.ca>
Subject Re: Best practice advice needed!
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2008 20:53:31 GMT
About web spiders: I simply use "last modified timestamp" field in
SOLR, and I expire items after 30 days. If item was updated (timestamp
changed) - it won't be deleted. If I delete it from database - it will
be deleted from SOLR within 30 days. Spiders don't need
'transactional' updates.

Recently I moved to HBase from MySQL. "row::column" structure is
physically sorted, column-oriented structure. SOLR lazily follows
database updates; it's very specific case...