lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Gene Campbell" <g...@picante.co.nz>
Subject Re: Clarification on facets
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2008 03:16:33 GMT
Thank you for the response.  Always nice to have something willing to
validate your thinking!

Of course, if anyone has any ideas on how to get the numbers of times
term is repeated in a document,
I'm all ears.

cheers
gene

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 1:42 PM, Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 10:18:12 +1200
> "Gene Campbell" <gene@picante.co.nz> wrote:
>
>> Is this interpreted as meaning, there are 10 documents that will match
>> with 'car' in the title, and likewise 6 'boat' and 2 'bike'?
>
> Correct.
>
>> If so, is there any way to get counts for the *number times* a value
>> is found in a document.  I'm looking for a way to determine the number
>> of times 'car' is repeated in the title, for example
>
> Not sure - i would suggest that a field with a term repeated several times would receive
a higher score when searching for that term, but not sure how you could get the information
you seek...maybe with the Luke handler ? ( but on a per-document basis...slow... ? )

> {Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome
>
> Computers are like air conditioners; they can't do their job properly if you open windows.
>
> I speak for myself, not my employer. Contents may be hot. Slippery when wet. Reading
disclaimers makes you go blind. Writing them is worse. You have been Warned.