lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Exception during Solr startup
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 15:35:23 GMT
Can you tell us a little bit more about your situation?  What changed  
today?  New Solr WAR?  What version of Solr are you using?

-Grant

On Aug 13, 2008, at 10:55 AM, Kashyap, Raghu wrote:

> Hi,
>
>
>
>  Today I started seeing this exception when I started solr instance.
> Any ideas what might be causing this problem?
>
>
>
> INFO: xsltCacheLifetimeSeconds=5
>
> Aug 13, 2008 9:20:45 AM org.apache.solr.common.SolrException log
>
> SEVERE: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in
> .class file
>
>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
>
>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:620)
>
>        at
> java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java: 
> 124)
>
>        at
> org 
> .apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClassInternal(WebappCla
> ssLoader.java:1819)
>
>        at
> org 
> .apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClass(WebappClassLoader
> .java:872)
>
>        at
> org 
> .apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader
> .java:1327)
>
>        at
> org 
> .apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader
> .java:1206)
>
>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java: 
> 319)
>
>        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
>
>        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:242)
>
>        at
> org 
> .apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader.findClass(SolrResourceLoader.jav
> a:239)
>
>        at
> org 
> .apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader.newInstance(SolrResourceLoader.j
> ava:260)
>
>        at
> org 
> .apache.solr.util.plugin.AbstractPluginLoader.create(AbstractPluginLo
> ader.java:83)
>
>        at
> org 
> .apache.solr.util.plugin.AbstractPluginLoader.load(AbstractPluginLoad
> er.java:140)
>
>        at
> org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.loadSearchComponents(SolrCore.java:622)
>
>        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.<init>(SolrCore.java:408)
>
>        at org.apache.solr.core.MultiCore.create(MultiCore.java:255)
>
>        at org.apache.solr.core.MultiCore.load(MultiCore.java:139)
>
>        at
> org 
> .apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.initMultiCore(SolrDispatchFil
> ter.java:147)
>
>        at
> org 
> .apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.init(SolrDispatchFilter.java:
> 72)
>
>        at
> org 
> .apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.getFilter(ApplicationFi
> lterConfig.java:275)
>
>        at
> org 
> .apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.setFilterDef(Applicatio
> nFilterConfig.java:397)
>
>        at
> org 
> .apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.<init>(ApplicationFilte
> rConfig.java:108)
>
>        at
> org 
> .apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.filterStart(StandardContext.jav
> a:3709)
>
>        at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java: 
> 4356
> )
>
>        at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
>
>        at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:719)
>
>        at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
>
>        at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)
>
>        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Embedded.start(Embedded.java: 
> 825)
>
>        at
> com 
> .orbitz.container.app.application.EmbeddedTomcat.startTomcat(Embedded
> Tomcat.java:284)
>
>        at
> com 
> .orbitz.container.app.application.EmbeddedTomcat.start(EmbeddedTomcat
> .java:111)
>
>        at
> com.orbitz.container.app.application.WebappStarter 
> $Starter.run(WebappSta
> rter.java:68)
>
>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
>
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Raghu
>
>
>



Mime
View raw message