lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Nagy <andrew.n...@villanova.edu>
Subject multicore can't find the data directories
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 16:12:57 GMT
I am trying to setup a multicore system implementation.  I just upgraded to today's snapshot
and have converted my multicore.xml to solr.war and I also changed the xml to match the new
schema.  However, now that I have done that, Solr is not finding my data directory.  With
the use of multicore - does each core have its own data directory?

I have the following setup:

solr/core0/conf
solr/core1/conf
solr/solr.xml

When I look at the admin (http://localhost:8080/solr/core0/admin/stats.jsp) it shows the following:
readerDir : org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory@/usr/local/solr/data/index<mailto:org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory@/usr/local/solr/data/index>

and numDocs is reporting 0.

However I have my index with plenty of records located in solr/core0/data/index

Is Solr looking in the wrong directory, or do I have my index in the wrong place?

Thanks
Andrew