lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Nikhil Chhaochharia <nikhil...@yahoo.com>
Subject CoreDescriptor explanation and possible bug
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2008 09:16:52 GMT
Hi,

I have been using nightly builds of Solr 1.3 with SolrJ for some time now.  I upgraded the
Solr jars from the 14-Aug nightly and my program would not compile.  I found that SolrCore
constructor needed a new parameter CoreDescriptor.  I passed null and it worked fine.

I then upgraded to the Solr jars from the 20th-Aug nightly and it started throwing NullPointerExceptions.
 My guess is that the addition of the method SolrCore.getStatistics() which has the line "lst.add("aliases",
getCoreDescriptor().getCoreContainer().getCoreNames(this));" throws the NPE.

I searched the wiki and there is no mention of CoreDescriptor there.  Could somebody please
explain what CoreDescriptor is all about and how it is supposed to be used?

Thanks,
Nikhil