lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Norberto Meijome <free...@meijome.net>
Subject [SOLVED...]Re: Problems using saxon for XSLT transforms
Date Sun, 17 Aug 2008 10:36:36 GMT
On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 23:36:32 +1000
Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net> wrote:

> hi :)
> I'm trying to use SAXON instead of the default XSLT parser. I was pretty sure i
> had it running fine on 1.2, but when I repeated the same steps (as per the
> wiki) on latest nightly build, i cannot see any sign of it being loaded or use,
> although the classpath seems to be pointing to them (see below)

[...]

well, although no explicit information is present about whether it IS using saxon, it obviously
dies when saxon isn't present- I moved lib/saxon* out of the way, and any transformation dies
with :

HTTP ERROR: 500

Provider net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl not found

javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactoryConfigurationError: Provider net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl
not found
	at javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory.newInstance(TransformerFactory.java:108)
	at org.apache.solr.util.xslt.TransformerProvider.<init>(TransformerProvider.java:45)
	at org.apache.solr.util.xslt.TransformerProvider.<clinit>(TransformerProvider.java:43)
	at org.apache.solr.request.XSLTResponseWriter.getTransformer(XSLTResponseWriter.java:117)
	at org.apache.solr.request.XSLTResponseWriter.getContentType(XSLTResponseWriter.java:65)
	at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:250)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1088)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:729)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:206)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:829)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:513)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.bio.SocketConnector$Connection.run(SocketConnector.java:228)
	at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:450)

RequestURI=/solr/tracks/select/

I guess not as clear as what I'd had hoped for, but should do for now :)

cheers,
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

Computers are like air conditioners; they can't do their job properly if you open windows.

I speak for myself, not my employer. Contents may be hot. Slippery when wet. Reading disclaimers
makes you go blind. Writing them is worse. You have been Warned.