lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: spellchecker problems (bugs)
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 12:53:37 GMT

> 2. I believe there is a bug in IndexBased- and FileBasedSpellChecker.java
> where the analyzer variable is only set on the build command. Therefore,
> when the index is reloaded, but not built after starting solr, issuing a
> query with the spellcheck.q parameter will cause a NullPointerException to
> be thrown (SpellCheckComponent.java:158). Moving the analyzer logic to the
> constructor seems to fix the problem.
>
> I did not see a jira ticket for this (nor am I sure it's a real bug :), so I
> have attached a patch with these changes. Please let me know if I have
> overlooked something here and if I should attach this to an actual ticket.

I don't see a patch, but I was just about to reply to the previous post
in this thread that I thought a new jira issue was warranted - I see the
exact same exception in line 158 under the exact circumstances, using
current trunk as of this minute.

as far as I can tell, 622 would help... if I wanted to build on each
start, which I may not.  the exception seems like a different issue that
should be separately tracked.

--Geoff