lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Solr* != solr*
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2008 01:35:03 GMT
George - wildcard expressions, in Lucene/Solr's QueryParser, are not
analyzed.  There is one trick in the API that isn't yet wired to
Solr's configuration, and that is setLowercaseExpandedTerms(true).
This would solve the Sol* issue because when indexed all terms for the
"text" field are lowercased during analysis.

An functional alternative, of course, is to have the client lowercase
the query expression before requesting to Solr (careful, though -
consider AND/OR/NOT).

	Erik