lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Guillaume Smet" <guillaume.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: solr synonyms behaviour
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 09:24:23 GMT
Chris,

On Sat, Jan 26, 2008 at 2:30 AM, Chris Hostetter
<hossman_lucene@fucit.org> wrote:
> : I have the synonym filter only at query time coz i can't re-index data (or
> : portion of data) everytime i add a synonym and a couple of other reasons.
>
> Use cases like yours will *never* work as a query time synonym ... hence
> all of the information about multi-word synonyms and the caveats about
> using them in the wiki...
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/AnalyzersTokenizersTokenFilters#SynonymFilter

Considering these problems, it might be better to move the
SynonymFilter from type="query" to type="index" in the example file.
This file is very often used as a reference.

Or perhaps we should just mention potential problems and a link to the
documentation in the existing comment: "in this example, we will only
use synonyms at query time".

Thoughts?

--
Guillaume