lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From wojtekpia <wojte...@hotmail.com>
Subject termVectors and faceting
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2008 17:40:16 GMT

Does setting termVectors to true affect faceting speed on a field? I changed
a field definition from:

<field name="MyFacetField" type="string" indexed="true" stored="false"
termVectors="true"/>

to:

<field name="MyFacetField" type="string" indexed="true" stored="false"/>

And I see a significant performance improvement (~6x faster). MyFacetField
has ~25,000 unique values. Does it make sense that this change caused the
improvement? I made several other changes to my schema, but I know that
faceting on MyFacetField was by far the slowest part of my queries.

Thanks.

Wojtek