lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Stefan Oestreicher" <stefan.oestreic...@netdoktor.at>
Subject facets and filter query
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2008 10:05:38 GMT
Hi,

I have a category field in my index which I'd like to use as a facet.
However my search frontend only allows you to search in one category at a
time for which I'm using a filter query. Unfortunately the filter query
restricts the facets as well.

My query looks like this:
?q=content:foo&fq=cat:default&fl=title,content&facet=true&facet.field=cat

What I'd like is to search only in the "default" category but get the result
count of that query for all categories. I thought maybe I can use the
facet.query parameter but this doesn't seem to do what I want, because the
result is the same.

Is there any way to accomplish this with only one request?

I'm using version 1.3 from trunk.

TIA,

Stefan Oestreicher