lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Nico Heid <Nico.H...@gmx.com>
Subject Re: Benchmarking tools?
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 11:26:07 GMT
Hi,
I basically followed this:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/JMeterFAQ#head-1680863678257fbcb85bd97351860eb0049f19ae

I basically put all my queries in a flat text file. you could either use
two parameters or put them in one file.
The good point of this is, that each test uses the same queries, so you
can compare the settings better afterwards.

If you use varying facets, you might just go with 2 text files. If it
stays the same in one test you can hardcode it into the test case.

I polished the result a little, if you want to take a look:
http://i31.tinypic.com/28c2blk.jpg , JMeter itself does not plot such
nice graphs.
(green is the max results delivered, upon 66 "active users" per second
the response time increases (orange/yellow, average and median of the
response times)
(i know the scales and descriptions are missing :-) but you should get
the picture)
I manually reduced the machines capacity, elsewise solr would server
more than 12000 requests per second. (the whole index did fit into ram)
I can send you my saved test case if this would help you.

Nico