lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Maximilian Hütter ...@blue-elephant-systems.com>
Subject Re: Solr 1.3 - leading wildcard query feature?
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 08:10:10 GMT
Erik Hatcher schrieb:

> On Jun 5, 2008, at 10:13 AM, Maximilian Hütter wrote:
>> I haven't followed the discussion here closly but I am interested if
>> Solr 1.3 will have the feature of leading wildcard in a query. I
>> remember reading a discussion about it and making it configurable,
>> which is perfectly fine with me.
>>
>> Will this be in Solr 1.3 and when will 1. be released? :-)
>
> It's still an unresolved issue:
> <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-218>
>
> The implementation details were still being discussed.  I like the idea
> of tying this to the QueryComponent configuration, or perhaps the
> QParser implementation rather.  Seem reasonable?
>
> I personally have interest in this kind of flexibility within Solr, I'm
> just short on time to implement it myself at the moment.  It'd be great
> to see this make it in 1.3, methinks.
>
>     Erik

Maybe I could contribute that but I don't really know the code well
however. I found the Lucene-switch and someone described in a discussion
on this earlier and change it, but that doesn't seem to be the way you
would want to handle it.
Our product needs this feature but we would like to stick to the Solr
releases.
Tying it to the QueryComponent configuration sounds good to me, I don't
really understand where you would add it to the QParser implementation.
But this is rather a discussion for the developer list, I think.

Max

--
Maximilian Hütter
blue elephant systems GmbH

Tel            :  (+49) 0711 - 45 10 17 578
Fax            :  (+49) 0711 - 45 10 17 573
e-mail         :  max.huetter@blue-elephant-systems.com
Sitz           :  Stuttgart, Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 24106
Geschäftsführer:  Joachim Hörnle, Thomas Gentsch, Holger Dietrich