lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Norberto Meijome <free...@meijome.net>
Subject Re: Dismax + Dynamic fields
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2008 07:36:30 GMT
On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 14:22:12 -0400
"Yonik Seeley" <yonik@apache.org> wrote:

> There are two levels of dynamic field support.
>
> Specific dynamic fields can be queried with dismax, but you can't
> wildcard the "qf" or other field parameters.

Thanks Yonik. ok, that matches what I've seen - if i know the actual name of the field I'm
after, I can use it in a query it, but i can't use the dynamic_field_name_* (with wildcard)
in the config.

Is adding support for this something that is desirable / needed (doable??) , and is it being
worked on ?

thanks,
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
  Mahatma Gandhi.

I speak for myself, not my employer. Contents may be hot. Slippery when wet. Reading disclaimers
makes you go blind. Writing them is worse. You have been Warned.