lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Runo <mr...@zappos.com>
Subject Re: Zappos's new Solr Site
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 17:16:49 GMT
We have a dedicated server set up as the "master", with it's own local
index. We have an NFS mount (read-only) on each of the other machines
which the master copies it's index to every 20 minutes. We run a
commit on each "slave" then to force them to open new readers. So far,
it's worked fine. I would suggest having the reading and writing done
to different indexes though, it makes it easier when you can have a
read-only NFS mounted index (no chance of another server updating it
at all).

Thanks!

Matthew Runo
Software Developer