lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Shalin Shekhar Mangar" <shalinman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Use of entities in the DataImportHandler config file
Date Thu, 22 May 2008 05:11:10 GMT
Hi Julio,

Entities are nested when they have parent-child relationships as in a
SQL Join. For example, if your product has categories, you will create
an entity for products and a child entity for categories. However, if
your entities are totally independent of each other, then you can keep
them all at the same level. Remember that the number of documents
created in Solr will be equal to the sum of number of rows for each
root-level entity.

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.