lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jack Bates <ms...@freezone.co.uk>
Subject Re: solr on ubuntu 8.04
Date Wed, 28 May 2008 00:29:02 GMT
Thanks for your suggestions. I have now tried installing Solr on two
different machines. On one machine I installed the Ubuntu solr-tomcat5.5
package, and on the other I simply dropped "solr.war"
into /var/lib/tomcat5.5/webapps

Both machines are running Tomcat 5.5

I get the same error message on both machines:

SEVERE: Exception starting filter SolrRequestFilter
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class
org.apache.solr.core.SolrConfig

The full error message is attached.

I can confirm that the /usr/share/solr/WEB-INF/lib/apache-solr-1.2.0.jar
jar file contains: org/apache/solr/core/SolrConfig.class

- however I do not know why Tomcat does not find it.

Thanks again, Jack