lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Fuzzy queries in dismax specs?
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2008 17:20:33 GMT

: It is working, but I disabled recursive field aliasing. Two questions:
:
: * Is it possible to do recursive field aliasing from solrconfig.xml?
: * If not, do we want to preserve this speculative feature?
:
: I think the answers are "no" and "no", but I'd like a second opinion.

the recursive mapping was something i put in the DismaxQueryParser because
it was easy.  The param syntax of the DismaxRequestHandler has never
supported it, but it's possible someone out there has a subclass that
takes advantage of it.

if you're writing a new dismax parser that gets boosts and fuzzy values in
a different way it it could easily just be a new parser (one of the things
on my "if only i had more time" list would be to write a new parser from
scrath that didn't have the weird hacks to get arround the baggage of
Lucene's QueryParser)

-Hoss