lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Interleaved results form different sources
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 17:28:48 GMT

: > We have an index of documents from different sources and we want to make
: > sure the results we display are interleaved from the different sources and
: > not only ranked based on relevancy.Is there a way to do this ?
:
: By far the easiest way is to get the top N/2 results from each source and
: interleave on the client side.

Actually, for a search with no a priori information about the results, you
need to fetch N from both sources in case one of them has no matches.  (in
a paginated system, assuming you know the total number of resultsfrom the
first page, subsequent pages can ask for N/2 from each source as long as
you know that the current page won't exhaust either source)

-Hoss