lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Single Core Can't Find the solrconfig.xml file
Date Sun, 06 Apr 2008 01:31:40 GMT
:
: I tried setting up a single core application and I get the following error
: which claims it can't find the solrconfig.xml yet it is located under
: solr/conf/solrconfig.xml in my application :

just to clarify, you are saying that your solrconfig.xml is located
here...

	/home/kirber/Desktop/tomcat-solr/solr/conf/solrconfig.xml

correct?  (based on yoru stack trace, it looks like you aren't using JNDI
or system properties to specify a Solr Home, so it's defaulting to the
current working dir (/home/kirber/Desktop/tomcat-solr) and relative that
it wants to find ./solr/conf/solrconfig.xml

what are the permissions on the file? what about the directory(ies) it's
in?  what UID is tomcat running as?

: java.lang.RuntimeException: Can't find resource 'solrconfig.xml' in
: classpath or 'solr/conf/', cwd=/home/kirber/Desktop/tomcat-solr at
: org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader.openResource(SolrResourceLoader.java:168)
: at
: org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader.openConfig(SolrResourceLoader.java:136)
: at org.apache.solr.core.Config.<init>(Config.java:97) at
: org.apache.solr.core.SolrConfig.<init>(SolrConfig.java:108) at
: org.apache.solr.core.SolrConfig.<init>(SolrConfig.java:65) at
: org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.init(SolrDispatchFilter.java:88)

-Hoss