lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Christian Wittern <cwitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Highlighted field gets truncated
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2008 09:47:34 GMT
Martijn Dekkers wrote:
> Did you look at the hl.fragsize parameter? the default for that is 100. try:
>
> http://localhost:8983/solr/select/?q=%E8%99%9B%E5%A4%9A&fl=variants,content,cdata,id%2Cdoctitle%2Chead%2Ccitekey%2Cseqnum%2Cjuan&hl=true&f.contents.hl.snippets=20&hl.fl=content,variants&wt=xml&tr=solr-tei.xsl&hl.fragsize=500

Thanks Martijn, with this URL, I do indeed get the whole match.  Maybe I
am not understanding the meaning of the hl.fragsize correctly.  I was
assuming that it would grab content in similar sizes to the left and
right of the match with the default fragmenter.   Maybe I should try to
use the regex fragmenter instead, but this seems to be 1.3 only?

Another related question:  Is there a way to insert some limiters
between fragments so that it is clearly visible that these are chunks of
text with gaps in between? I understand that hl.simple.pre and *.post
are for surrounding the match, not the snippet, right?

Christian

--

 Christian Wittern