lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Sushan Rungta ...@clickindia.com>
Subject Human Powered Search Module
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2008 06:48:24 GMT
Hello Everybody,

I am a newbie in Lucene and I am from India, currently working for a
search module for our classifed website search module in
clickindia.com. I have implemented the basic functionality of solr
lucen and am pretty happy with the results.

Search in India has its own share of nuances. 'Maruti' is spelt as
'Maruthi' in most of South India. People spell most of the times
'Naukri' as 'Naukari'; a loan request would be simply followed in the
query as 'need money'. These and many more such intricacies are
typical of Indians and require a special kind of module for the same.

Is there any ready-made solution for the same? Can I get the access
of words as mentioned above and is used in India, so that I could implement it?

regards,
Sushan Rungta
Mob: +91-9312098968
www.clickindia.com