lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Umar Shah" <u...@wisdomtap.com>
Subject sorting on aggregate averages
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2008 13:45:01 GMT
Hi,
I have a problem of returning an list of results which is sorted on a
average of ranks returned from aggregates.
the qury would be something like ?
q=product:p1+product:p2+product:p3; sort score desc
To explain Supose I have documents with fields Product, Manufacturer, Rank
and I want to return the top manufacturers across products p1,p2,p3 with
highest average rank on these products.

One way is to create a store of  search results and then group and compute
the average and sort the result. Can it be done from lucene/ solr itself? if
so how?

umar