lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Brendan Grainger <brendan.grain...@gmail.com>
Subject Question about dismax query parsing
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 07:06:18 GMT
Hi,

Just started using the Dismax handler and it looks very promising.
However I'm a little confused about this query. Could somebody please
explain why I'm getting a phrase query here?

+(((title_t:mass) (title_t:air) (title_t:flow))~3) ()',
And is that extra () indicative of something? I have some stuff going
on with synonyms and I'm wondering if the position of the tokens is
off and causing this.
The relevant output from debugQuery is below:

   'rawquerystring'=>'mass air flow',
   'querystring'=>'mass air flow',
   'parsedquery'=>'+((DisjunctionMaxQuery((title_t:mass))
DisjunctionMaxQuery((title_t:air))
DisjunctionMaxQuery((title_t:flow)))~3) ()',
   'parsedquery_toString'=>'+(((title_t:mass) (title_t:air)
(title_t:flow))~3) ()',

Thanks!