lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Leonardo Santagada <santag...@gmail.com>
Subject Plans for a new Solr Python library
Date Sun, 23 Mar 2008 23:01:59 GMT
I have done some modifications on the solr python client[1], and
though we kept the same license and my work could be put back in solr
I think if there are more people interested we could improve the
module a lot.

As it is now it is looks to much unpythonic. Another BIG problem is
using the python writer and using eval to read the data back... that
is the most unsecure and error prone, as a problem on solr could
destroy your program. Right now I am reading the xml and passing it
directly to the client... but a better idea would be to either process
it back to a python structure or use something like simplejson to do
that parsing from json data from solr.

Is there more people interested in joining forces for this? We could
start a project on googlecode for this and make a python egg also.

[1] https://svn.enfoldsystems.com/public/enfold.solr/trunk/enfold.solr/enfold/solr/solr.py

--
Leonardo Santagada