lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ken Krugler <kkrugler_li...@transpac.com>
Subject Re: Using embedded Solr with admin GUI
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:53:55 GMT
>If you are running a single webapp, you can just put the jsp files
>in there.  I'm guessing that isn't what you mean though.

Well, ultimately we're heading towards a single webapp with multiple
embedded Solr cores. In that case, could the .jsp-based GUI/admin
functionality peacefully co-exist with our use of the embedded cores?

>There are a bunch of admin request handlers that do many of the
>things from the /admin/ jsp files without the nice interface.  The
>one major missing component was analysis.jsp, but grant just added:
>https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-477

Is there a description of the roadmap for the Solr GUI? For example,
I'm assuming the .jsp files will still exist going forward, but will
become much more of just a GUI layer on top of the new/beefed up
admin request handlers - yes?

Or is the plan to eventually get to just Javascript on HTML using
JSON responses from these request handlers?

Thanks,

-- Ken

--
Ken Krugler