lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Different Filters
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 18:59:14 GMT
On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 1:49 PM, Owens, Martin
<Martin.Owens@merrillcorp.com> wrote:
>  > So you could add something like this to your query
>  > fq=<!val=$filter1>&fq=<!val=$filter3)
>  > and have the various filters be a default defined in a handler in solrconfig.xml
>
>  How does this work? I'm still confused from your explanation. Are the query options
turning the filters on or off? what kind of hander would go into solrconfig.xml?

This feature was first committed 10/22/07

It's a simple indirection.
fq=myfield:myval
  is equivalent to
fq=<!val=$filter1>&filter1=myfield:myval

Now put filter1 as a default in your handler (same as any other
default), and the client can turn on and off filter1 without knowing
what exactly it is.

-Yonik